This page gives you quick information on the Choice Based Lettings Scheme and has links to take you to pages where you can view properties, check your details and bid for properties.

“Login” button takes you to the page where you enter your Password to see your details and bid on properties – NOTE – to Log in you must be a registered user of the site.

“See All Properties” – takes you to a page where you can look at the properties on the site– any one can use this facility but you cannot bid on any properties unless you login (see above)

“Housing Options” – takes you to a page with details on other ways of finding housing and meeting housing need.

“This week’s advert and results” – takes you to a page where adverts for properties are stored.

“Languages” – takes you to a page where you can change the language the key information on the site is displayed in

“Contact Us” – takes you to a page where you can get details of how to contact us.


The links at the top of the page let you change the size and colour layout of the site to suit your needs and move around the site quickly via the sitemap if this suits you.

The Accessibility link gives you more information about features on the site to help visually impaired users use the site.
Get Adobe Reader

you will need Adobe Reader to view documents on this site

Bromley Homeseekers


Welcome to Bromley Homeseekers



Homelessness strategy 2018-23 consultation

We welcome any comments and views on the draft strategy including future service proposals and how they could be improved. We especially encourage those who have been impacted directly or indirectly by homelessness to provide their insight. 


The consultation period will close at 5pm on Tuesday 6 March 2018, the easiest way to let us have your views is to complete our online survey.


There is a survey for the general public and people who have been homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. There is also a survey for people who work with or support people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. 


 Complete Survey (for general public)


 Complete Survey (for those working with homelessness)


Your feedback will be taken into consideration prior to the draft strategy being finalised. Once adopted, the  strategy will be our main strategic plan for the prevention of homelessness.  


Alternatively you can contact us on 0208 313 4098 or by e-mail at



Overcrowding a Housing Association Property


As part of the Housing Allocation Scheme Revision which took place in Autumn 2015, applicants who are lacking only one bedroom in their property are not automatically included on the Housing Register, unless they are an Affinity Sutton tenant.


However, applicants who currently live in a Housing Association property and are lacking a bedroom may be eligible to be included, as specified in The Allocation Scheme.


If you meet this criteria you should contact your Housing Association to request a reciprocal agreement as well as completing the online application form. (If you are an Affinity Sutton tenant you do not need to contact them as an agreement is already in place so you should just complete the form).


If your Housing Association do not agree to the reciprocal arrangement and you do not demonstrate any other housing need as outlined in the Allocation Scheme, you will not be included on the Housing Register.




Many Housing Associations now require rental payments up front. However, they do consider the circumstances of each individual applicant, and can adjust their requirements if there are reasonable grounds to do so.


If you are successful in securing accommodation through Bromley Homeseekers, and have concerns about your ability to make an up front payment, please discuss your situation with the Housing Association.


If you require additional advice please click here to contact us via e-mail.


Habinteg are a Housing Association who specialise in adapted accommodation. Visit their website for more information and to apply direcly.




Please be aware that about 70% of people who apply to Bromley Homeseekers are not included on the Housing Register. Just because you apply it does not mean you will receive a User ID and PIN.  We strongly recommend you read the Housing Allocation Scheme to find out if you are likely to be included and able to bid. See advice about bidding below.


At present it is taking approximately 12 weeks for applications to be looked at. If your application is more complicated it can take longer than this. As soon as we have made a decision we will write to you to inform you of the outcome. If you have been included on the Housing Register we will give you your User ID and PIN in this letter.



Bidding Advice

Please ensure that you read the adverts carefully as priority is given to different groups on each advert. If you would like any advice, please contact us by phone or e-mail. Our contact details can be found by clicking "Contact Us" at the top right of this page.


When you log in to bid, please ensure you are aware of your Banding Code. This was given to you in the letter that contained your login details. The first part represents your Band (E,1,2,3, or 4) the second part (H, T, or R) indicates whether the council recognises you as Homeless (H), as an Affinity Sutton Tenant with an assured tenancy (T), or a general housing register applicant (R). This information will be used in adverts. Please see examples below:


Bids from Band E will be considered first. If none are received, priority will be given to Bands 1T, 2T, & 3T. This means that if no one in the Emergency category places a bid, then applicants who are Affinity Sutton tenants (with an assured tenancy) in Bands 1, 2 or 3 will be given priority. If you have a code containing H or R you are not likely to be successful and may wish to bid for another property.


Bids from Band E will be considered first. If none are received, priority will be given to Bands 1H, 1R, 2H, 2R, 3H, 3R. This means that if no one in the Emergency category places a bid, then applicants the council recognises as homeless, and general housing register applicants, in Bands 1, 2, or 3 will be given priority. If you have a code containing T you are not likely to be successful and may wish to bid for another property.




What is Bromley Homeseekers?

Instead of people being 'offered' accommodation, Bromley Homeseekers advertises properties on a website each week. It has been used successfully by many other local authorities and is designed to give more choice to people who are in housing need. If you want to be considered for any of the homes, you will need to register with Bromley Homeseekers. If you are registered and if you meet the criteria, then you can choose properties that you are interested in. We call this making a 'bid'. You can only do this if we have accepted you onto the Register and given you log in details to use the system. You can 'bid' for the property you choose either online, by text or by phone. Each property will then be allocated to the person or family with the highest need. Once the property has been let, Bromley Homeseekers will publicise how long the successful applicant had been waiting and what banding they had. This is to help you make realistic decisions about the homes you apply for and the options you pursue.



How do I use Bromley Homeseekers?

If you aren’t registered with us you will be able to view the properties that are available as well as look at the results of previous allocations. You’ll also be able to look at the housing options we provide. If you aren’t registered but would like to use Bromley Homeseekers and think that you have a housing need you will need to make an application. We will then assess your application.  If you are accepted onto the register we will write to you, giving details of your banding, and will include a Homeseekers Pack telling you how to use the system.






What if I have an emergency housing need?

We will give you advice if you are homeless, threatened with homelessness or suffering from domestic violence or harassment. You should contact the Housing Needs Helpline on 020 8313 4098. In cases of domestic violence you can also contact the Community Safety Unit on 020 8284 8760 or for more information please see Bromley Council's domestic violence help pages. If you are an existing housing association tenant who has an emergency you should contact your housing officer for advice.

What do I do if I am having difficulty using this site or have a question?

First, please make sure that you've read the Homeseekers Pack. The answer to your question may be there. If it isn't or you have a question relating to your application you can:

  • email us using the contact us page or telephone the Housing Needs Helpline on 0208 313 4098.
  • Write to us at the Housing Register Team, 2nd Floor North Block, Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley, BR1 3UH.



 For media enquiries, please contact Susie Clark in Corporate Communications, on 020 8461 7911 or email